Wednesday 24 September 2014

stickman walking



To create this stick man walking along the screen, I first opened Flash and drew out the initial figure. I then pressed the 'F6' key to create a new frame and pressed the onion skin button. This button shows the previous frame, but more faded, this meant I was able to draw over the previous figure but just slightly across, so that the figure started moving, without having to try and remember exactly where the stick man was in the previous frame. I kept doing this until the figure had walked across the entire screen, moving each of the different parts of the stick man each time to ensure it looked like the stick man was walking across the screen, rather than just floating across. To stop the stick figure from moving across the screen too quickly, I added a blank keyframe after every frame, which is just an empty frame, meaning that the movement would be slower. In another layer, I drew out a background for the scene. I created it in another layer so I didn't have to draw it out for every single frame. This type of animation is called frame by frame animation and is where you draw each frame separately. This allows you to have full control over what happens, but it does mean it takes a lot of time to create even a short length animation. In this animation I think I did achieve persistence of vision at some points in this animation. The parts that I didn't were because I drew the frames too far apart so the transition wasn't smooth enough and it looked like the stick man was jolting across. In this animation i did not use the twelve principles of animation, but they could be used to make the animation better by subtly helping the viewers understand all aspects of the animation, like by using squash and stretch to indicate how much the stick man weighed.

No comments:

Post a Comment